Answered By: Jessica Kiebler Last Updated: Sep 18, 2018 Views: 88
How do I get a book located at another campus?
Berkeley College students can request books or DVD’s from other campuses either online through our Library Catalog or in person with a librarian. You can view the slideshow below for a step by step guide to the online request process.
To request an item in person, visit your campus Library with the name of the item. The Librarian will need your ID to find your account and place the hold for you. It will take about 2-4 days to receive your item.
If you are an Online Student, you can visit the Online Library LibGuide to request a card number. Once you have that, follow the steps below to complete the online request process.
To request items online, you should follow these steps. Watch the slideshow below for a step by step view.
- Log in to your Berkeley Canvas Account or Engage portal.
- Click on the Library tab in the Canvas or the Library square in Engage.
- Click the Library Catalog button.
- Search for the book or DVD you’d like to request.
- Click on “Place Hold” from the search results you recieved
- Enter the library card number from the back of your ID and your PIN (should be the last 4 digits of your card number).
- Don’t have a library barcode? Head to your campus library to have them put the sticker on the back of your ID!
- Online Student? Head to the Online Library LibGuide to sign up for an Online Student Library Card!
- Select the campus where you’d like to pick up the item. This is where the library will ship it.
- Wait for your email from the Library confirming you can pick up your item! This should take about 2-4 days.