Answered By: Susan Van Alstyne Last Updated: Nov 01, 2017 Views: 208
SWOTs, as we call them (short for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) can be found in more than one Berkeley Database. Your odds of finding them increase when you pick a large, well-known company to research.
Once on the A-Z Database page, click on the "All Subjects" dropdown box and select "SWOT." This will bring you to the Business Insight: Global database, which is a great resource to use for SWOT's.
Note: You can also find “Business Insight: Global” under “B” in the “A-Z” listing of Berkeley databases.
Navigating the Business Insight: Global Database:
- Enter the name of the company in the search box at the top of the home page and click on “search.”
- Important: Make sure you select the right company from the returns. It is often at the top, but not always. Some companies have similar names or there may be foreign entities of the same organization.
- Also check the date of the material.
- After you have found the right company, look in the listings underneath the short description of the company. Look for “SWOT Reports” and click on it.
Proquest Central Database
The Proquest Central Database may have a SWOT on your company.
- Look under “P” in the “A-Z” listing of Berkeley databases.
- Use the “Advanced Search.”
- Enter the company name and SWOT in the search boxes. Click on “Full text.” See example below:
- Look for an updated SWOT report