Contact a Librarian
Curious About Berkeley College?
Answered By: Matt LaBrake Last Updated: Dec 13, 2019 Views: 5447
If your company is publicly traded, they are required to publish a yearly 10K report. There are a couple of ways you can access a 10K report.
- You can find a 10k report from the “investor relations” section of you company's website
- Or, you can find it in the Mergent Online database. See directions below.
NOTE: You will only find a 10k report for publicly traded companies. The federal securities laws require public companies to disclose information on an ongoing basis.
A 10-K is an annual report required by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) that gives a comprehensive summary of a public company’s performance, an overview of the company's business and financial condition, and includes audited financial statements.
To find a company’s 10K report using Mergent:
- Access the Library's website via the Engage Portal
- Click the A-Z Databases tile
- Filter the list by the letter M
- Click on Mergent
- Search by your company's name
- Go to the “Reports” tab
- Select the most recent 10k report. (They're usually a year old - so in 2018, the most recent should be either 2016 or 2017)
See the videos below for a walkthrough of finding a company’s 10k report via Mergent.