Answered By: Matt LaBrake Last Updated: Aug 11, 2015 Views: 67
The College Libraries are committed to developing collections and resources that support your program of study and provide for the general, intellectual, and cultural enrichment of the Berkeley Community. The Library Textbook on Reserve program was initiated as a supplemental resource for required reading. Textbooks are added to the Reserve Collection based on faculty and student requests.
From within the guide, click on your campus tab for a current list of available textbooks. Note that textbook collections vary by campus and should not be considered a substitute for purchasing your own copy of required course textbooks.
The Rules of Use are basic and few:
- Textbook loans are limited to 2 hour, in library use only. No matter what the reason, textbooks do not leave the library.
- You must have a valid Berkeley College ID card with library barcode applied to the back. (*Note: Online Students have a separate Library Card).
- Photocopying is limited by copyright law.
- The library staff will not reproduce and provide in any format textbook content.
- Do not make markings of any kind (highlight, underline) in library provided textbooks.
- Taking a library textbook from the premises or deliberately removing pages will result in disciplinary action.