Contact a Librarian
Curious About Berkeley College?
Answered By: Maria Deptula Last Updated: Nov 23, 2020 Views: 7
Berkeley College library offers many literary and fiction books in print, but does not have a specific collection of recent fiction books in electronic format. But the EBSCOhost eBook Collection has a Fiction section containing over 1800 older classic books, plays, poems, and short stories.
Many literary classics have been digitized and are available in electronic format for free on the web. Certain collections such as Open Culture or Project Gutenberg offer hundreds of classical fiction ebooks.
Here is a list of websites where one can search for free fiction and literary ebooks:
- Digital Book Index - index prepared by Digital Library with links to many language and literature works
- Gateway to Classics - select from 386 authors
- Project Gutenberg - a library of over 60,000 free eBooks
- Open Culture - a master list of 800 free classic eBooks for iPad, Kindle, and other device
- Open Library: Fiction - initiative of the Internet Archives with thousands of ebooks and audiobooks
- The Complete Works of William Shakespeare - MIT project, the HTML versions of the plays provided there are available in the public domain
Some literary and fiction works can also be found in Google Books. Newer fiction books are not usually available for free online, but many public libraries have collections of electronic books and audio books, including current best-sellers, that their residents can borrow using their library card account.