Answered By: Julie Hunter Last Updated: Sep 09, 2018 Views: 11
Online and On-site students at Berkeley College are eligible for reasonable accommodations and support services based on individual needs and the disability documentation provided by the student.
Accommodations are approved by the ADA Coordinator/ Personal Counselor, in collaboration with you, based on your documented disability.
If you have questions or concerns about obtaining documentation for a disability, please contact your campus ADA Coordinator/ Personal Counselor.
Campus ADA Coordinators/ Personal Counselors:
|Location||ADA Coordinator/ Personal Counselor||Contact|
|Brooklyn & NYC||Alexandra Sabal Farah, MHC||212-986-4343 x4263|
|New York City||Sarah Nickerson, LMHC||212-986-4343 x4217|
|Newark||Amanda Frey, LCSW||973-642-3888 x6183|
|Online||Katherine Wu, Ed.M., LPC, LMHC||973-405-2111 x1394|
|Paramus||Santa Rock, M.A., LPC||201-967-9667 x6402|
|White Plains||Chelsea Trump, M.A., LAC, NCC||914-694-1122 x3309|
|Woodbridge||Greg Ieraci, M.A., M.Ed., LPC, NCC, CCMHC||732-750-1800 x2331|
|Woodland Park||Dr. Sandra Coppola||973-278-5400 x1320|
|Woodland Park||Sheri Burkat, LCSW||973-278-5400 x1321|
- Schedule an appointment with one of the ADA Coordinators/ Personal Counselors
- Complete an Application for Disability Services and Accommodations with the ADA Coordinator/ Personal Counselor. The Application can be found on Berkeley College's website for Disability Services
- Provide current (within 3 years) documentation of a diagnosis from a licensed professional, along with that professional's recommendations for appropriate accommodations to the ADA Coordinator/ Personal Counselor. Documentation must include:
- Diagnosis of the disability
- The severity of the diagnosis
- Functional limitations of the disability
- Treatments provided for the disability
- Recommendations for successful learning
- Must have accommodations
Please see the attached PDF for more information on Disability Services and accommodations.
Berkeley College maintains the confidentiality of all student disability-related records. No record of Disability Services or academic accommodations are contained in any academic file or job placement file.