Answered By: Samantha Kannegiser Last Updated: May 16, 2018 Views: 33
You can find information on a company's hiring practices by searching the library databases, online resources, and the company's website. Large and publicly-traded companies will probably have more available information than small and/or private companies.
It may also be helpful to review the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commissions' Laws and Guidance and Prohibited Practices for ideas on narrowing your search to specific areas of hiring practices.
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Society for Human Resource Management
- Company website (example: Walmart's Corporate site or Walmart's Career site).
The following search terms may be helpful when searching the library databases:
- ("hiring practices" or "hiring policies") AND "company name"
- "hiring practices" AND "company name" AND recruiting
- "hiring practices" AND "company name" AND "human resources"
- "hiring practices" AND "company name" AND ("background checks" OR "pre-employment screening")
As you narrow your topic you can add additional keywords to your search string to retrieve more targeted results.
View Media section at bottom of page for tutorial on searching in library databases.