Answered By: Samantha Kannegiser Last Updated: Aug 17, 2018 Views: 1021
Students can view and print unofficial transcripts through the Engage Student Self Service link.
Unofficial transcripts differ from official transcripts. Although they include most of the same information (academic record, list of classes, credits, grades, etc.), an official transcript is a legal document with the Registrar's signature, the college's seal, delivered in a sealed envelope, and only allowed to be opened by the addressee. An unofficial transcript is not a legal document and can be viewed, printed, and saved by a student. It does not include a signature or seal. Because of this difference, official transcripts require a small fee and unofficial transcripts can be viewed for free.
Follow these instructions to print your unofficial transcript:
1. Log into Engage and click on the Student Self-Service tile.
2. Enter your Berkeley user name and password to access Self Service.
3. Click on My Academics.
4. Click on View my unofficial transcript.
5. Next to Report Type, click drop down arrow and select UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT. Then click View Report.
6. You will then see a list of your requests to view a transcript. Click on View Report again.
7. Wait for report to load. You will see an icon in top right corner of screen while report is loading:
8. Your transcript will appear as a pop-up window. If it does not appear, make sure you have disabled pop-up blockers in your browser.