Answered By: Jessica Kiebler Last Updated: Oct 03, 2017 Views: 48
If a Librarian recently came to your on-site class or uploaded a presentation to your Blackboard Online course, you can find the presentation by searching the Berkeley College LibGuides, checking within your Blackboard course or emailing the Librarian.
Some Librarians create LibGuides as a one-stop-shop for compiling information about researching for a specific course. On these LibGuides, you may find pages about finding eBooks & articles, videos & slideshows, assignment information, and reputable websites.
To find out if a LibGuide exists for your course, follow these steps:
- Log into Blackboard and click on the “Library” tab at the top.
- Click on the yellow “Research/Explore” tab. In the drop down menu, select LibGuides.
- In the new window that should pop up, find the search box towards the top right of the page.
- Type in your course code and number. Examples: BUS 1100, ENG 1105, HUM 3325
- In the results, look for guides with your course number and “course guide” or “assignment guide”. For example, the HUM 3325 Feminist Thought Research Project guide would help students find information using Library resources for that specific course assignment and may include presentations created by the librarian for that course.
In other cases, the Librarian may have created a presentation specifically for your course and it does not exist on a LibGuide. It may only exist within your Blackboard course.
Use these tips to find the presentation, quickly and easily.
- Check the Announcements page for information from the Librarian about where the presentation is posted. They may have included a link directly to the presentation or at least provided the folder in Blackboard where it exists.
- View the list of Weekly Assignments in Course Materials or the Discussion Boards. There should be information in the description of each week to tell you which one included a library “workshop”.
- Look where your professor listed the instructions for your research paper or assignment, such as in Course Information, or in Course Materials for the week it was assigned. Librarians often put their contact info and links to LibGuides or presentations in the same place.
- Check the Announcements or Faculty Information page for Librarian contact information to reach out to them directly.
- If you found a LibGuide but it does not have the presentation, you can also find the Librarian’s contact information on the guide.