Answered By: Julie Hunter Last Updated: Nov 14, 2017 Views: 82
There are a couple different ways to add references to RefWorks. This FAQ will discuss how to save references or citations from a ProQuest database search.
NOTE: In order to save citations to RefWorks, you will need to have an account with RefWorks.
Saving citations from a ProQuest search
Follow these steps if you are saving the citation from your search results page:
- Check the box next to the article(s) you've decided to save
- Find and click the "Save" link
- Select RefWorks from the dropdown
- Alternatively, if you are inside the article, you can find the "Save" link there (see image below)
- Click "Continue" on the pop-up that appears
- You will be directed to a new page.
- NOTE: If you have an account with the old or legacy Refworks, you will be asked which version of Refworks you would like to export your citation to. Please choose the one that you prefer, however, this FAQ will focus on the new Refworks.
- If you are not already signed in, you'll be prompted to sign in. Please do so.
- If the citation has correctly saved, you will see this notice:
- Click the "Last Imported" folder to see what you imported
- To see the full details of a reference, click the title of the reference and a side bar will appear with all of the details.