Answered By: Vicki Sciuk Last Updated: Jan 13, 2017 Views: 104
A hold is an online request to have a book, movie, or other Berkeley library material saved for you and delivered to your campus library. You may want to place a hold if the item you want is at a campus you never go to, or currently on loan to another borrower. When it comes in, you'll get an email to pick it up at your campus library.*
To place a hold you will need to have a valid Berkeley College Library Barcode on the back of your Student ID card. If you do not have a barcode yet, stop by your campus library to get one.
To place a hold:
1) Go to the library catalog by clicking HERE
2) Search for the item you wish to request
3) Click the Place Hold button:
4) It will ask you to login (if you didn't login at the beginning)
5) Use your Library Barcode and the last 4 numbers in your Student ID to log in the first time:
6) Select your pick-up location from the drop-down list on the left
* Online-only students can apply for a library account online, and have items mailed to their home address. See Online Student Support for details.