Answered By: Julie Hunter Last Updated: Apr 23, 2018 Views: 15
Congratulations on your forthcoming graduation from Berkeley College! We are delighted that you chose Berkeley to complete your education and we wish you luck on the journey you are about to begin.
In order to receive your diploma, you must complete the following steps:
- Pay off all outstanding balances with Student Accounts, Financial Aid, and the Library.
- Complete a student loan exit interview through the Financial Literacy Department (if you borrowed through the federal student loan program)
- Verify your name and mailing address for your diploma through your student portal in Self-Service. Please follow the instructions below:
- Log into Blackboard and click on the “Student Self Service” menu on the top of the screen.
- Select “Access Self Service.”
- On the menu on the left, click on “Self Service,” then “Degree Progress/ Graduation,” then “View Graduation Status.”
- If you would like a change to your primary name as it appears in self-service you can do so by clicking on the “Change name for your diploma” link. You will need to provide the Office of the Registrar with documentation to process the name
- Click on “Address to send diploma” to verify where your diploma will be mailed. Diplomas will only be mailed to residential addresses; please be sure to include apartment number or floor. Diplomas cannot be mailed to businesses, any Berkeley campuses, or dormitory.
Once you have officially graduated from Berkeley College and taken care of the steps listed above a diploma will be ordered. A diploma will not be ordered unless the steps listed above are completed.
Please allow 6-8 weeks from the time you have graduated before you receive your diploma. An email message from Jostens with a tracking number will be sent to your Berkeley College email once your diploma has shipped.
If you are having difficulty accessing your student portal in self-service, please contact the helpdesk at 973-278-5400, extension 1540, press 1 and then 3. If the technician asks to log onto to your computer, please permit them to do so.