Answered By: Julie Hunter Last Updated: Mar 08, 2017 Views: 41
Berkeley College uses software called SafeAssign to check for plagiarism. This does not mean that we assume students are plagiarizing. We recognize that sometimes plagiarism is accidental and sometimes it is intentional. Either way, this software is designed to ensure that you are submitting original work and it is designed to help you understand where corrections may be needed.
The process to submit your paper to check for plagiarism is almost the same as submitting any assignment or paper in Blackboard.
- Go into the course where you need to use SafeAssign.
- Go to Course Material, then click on the week it is due, since that is where most instructors will put the link to upload your paper.
- Click on Assignments. If there is a link that says View/Complete, click on that.
- Scroll down to where it says Attach File and browse to find your paper to upload.
- Click Submit and you're done.
What is Safe Assign?
SafeAssign is used to detect plagiarism and to create opportunities to help you avoid accidentally plagiarizing, and help you properly attribute sources. SafeAssign compares your submitted assignments against a set of other student papers, published articles, websites, etc. to identify areas of overlap between the submitted assignment and existing works.